- CEO, Senior Physician and Director of Education and Research, Advanced Spine on Park Avenue
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine.
- Board Certified, Pain Medicine
- Board Certified, Anesthesiology
Education & Training
- Pain Management Fellowship, Weill Cornell Medical Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Hospital for Special Surgery
- Anesthesiology Residency, Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Medical Doctorate, University of Michigan Medical School
- Bachelor of Science degree, University of Notre Dame, Summa Cum Laude
Meet Gerard DeGregoris III, M.D.
As a fellowship trained Interventional Pain Management physician, Dr. DeGregoris is an Anesthesiologist who takes pride in providing compassionate, customized care to his patients. A Summa Cum Laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame, he completed Medical School at the University of Michigan, and residency at Weill Cornell Medical College, where he was voted Chief Resident by his peers and faculty. After residency he completed the competitive Tri-Institute Fellowhip Program at Hospital for Special Surgery, Sloan Kettering, and Weill Cornell
He has published numerous manuscripts in both peer reviewed journals and textbooks and he is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at Hofstra-Northwell School of Medicine. He is an expert in minimally invasive procedures to treat chronic pain including regenerative medicine techniques such as Platelet Rich Plasma injection (PRP). Dr. DeGregoris remains active in medical societies, serving as a Director at Large of the New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians. He routinely lectures to fellow physicians, medical students and other health care professionals on topics in pain management including interventions and opiate and non-opiate medication management in acute and chronic pain.
When Dr. DeGregoris isn’t treating patients or spending time with his growing family, he enjoys skiing in Colorado and sailing with his racing team in the Long Island Sound.
Dr. DeGregoris specializes in the following interventional pain procedures
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy
Epidural Steroid Injections
Facet Joint Injections
Medial Branch Blocks
Injections for Pelvic Pain
Voted to Super Doctors Rising Stars, as recognized in The New York Times. Rising Stars represent approximately 2.5% of the top young physicians in the area that have demonstrated noteworthy achievements early in their careers.
Chosen as one of “America’s Top Physicians” by the Consumer’s Research Council of America